Terms and Conditions
According to general airport regulations, certain items, such as objects classified as edged weapons or liquids, cannot be taken through security control for reasons of safety. Passengers should leave these items behind before entering the gate area regardless of the value of the item or, with some exceptions, the reasons for transporting the item.
With our service, you can order a home delivery for items that you cannot take through airport security control. The service is provided by Cotio Oy.
By registering as a user, you also accept the terms and conditions below. These terms and conditions are binding to anyone regarding the use of the service. Registration does not oblige you to order the item; the order is always separately approved after you receive the pricing information of the delivery. Use the service by following these steps:
- Enter the eight-character code which you find on the receipt given to you during security control and the three-letter airport ID and, on the next page, fill in the information requested on the form such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- You are responsible for ensuring that all the entered information is correct. Cotio Oy shall not assume responsibility for any damage resulting from incorrectly entered information. In addition, Cotio Oy shall have the right to collect any additional expenses possibly resulting from incorrectly entered information.
- The service will display the price of your selected delivery in euro. If you wish to order the delivery of the item with this price, click "Accept". By accepting the delivery, a binding contract is created between you and Cotio Oy, with the terms and conditions stated in this section.
- By accepting the delivery, you are also obligated to pay the delivery fee. The payment is carried out as a credit card payment after accepting the delivery. The price contains VAT and other potential taxes and similar fees.
- You can also donate the item to a charity organization.
- After you have paid the above-mentioned delivery fee, Cotio Oy will deliver your item.
- If you do not claim the item within 30 days of leaving it at the airport security control, Cotio Oy shall have the right to dispose of the item in their preferred manner, including selling the item, if possible.
- For the sake of clarity, it is stated that Cotio Oy has exclusive rights to the Cotio service, its related copyrights and the name, commercial identifiers and logos of the service.
- The service provider Cotio Oy shall not assume responsibility for being able to deliver the item if it is impossible due to reasons related to legislation, authoritative regulations, or other similar reasons or if Cotio Oy is obligated to hand the item over to the authorities for the above-mentioned reasons. In addition, Cotio Oy shall not assume responsibility for items contaminated or damaged during delivery if the nature of the item is such that it cannot be stored or transported without the risk of damage or contamination. The same applies for situations where the customer has provided incorrect information regarding the item or other reasons that are not the result of the actions of Cotio Oy, such as errors or neglect by the courier service.
- Cotio Oy may occasionally change their terms and conditions of use. That is why users are recommended to always carefully read these terms and conditions before each new order.
- In the event of force majeure, such as a strike or natural disaster, Cotio Oy shall not be responsible for delays in the delivery or damage to the item during delivery.
- This contractual relationship is governed by the substantive laws of Finland. Any disputes arising from this contract shall primarily be settled between the customer and Cotio Oy through amicable negotiations. If the parties are unable to reach an understanding, the dispute will be primarily settled in Helsinki District Court or, alternatively, in the district court of the customer's domicile if the customer's main country of operation is Finland. Private customer can also take the matter to the Consumer Disputes Board (see http://www.kuluttajariita.fi/en/index.html for more information). On the web page, you will find the phone number to consumer support.
- Payment Service Provider
Stripe Payments Europe Ltd (VAT number: IE 3206488LH) acts as an implementer of the payment handling service and as a Payment Service Provider. Stripe will be shown as the recipient in the invoice and Stripe will forward the payment to the merchant. Stripe Payments Europe Ltd. is an authorized Payment Institution.
Stripe Payments Europe Ltd (VAT number: IE 3206488LH)
The One Building
1 grand Canal Street Lower